Monday, March 25, 2013

A barrel of...a nanner of...um...monkeys

I get this distinct feeling of joy when I get to assemble the final composition of a sticker. Regardless of how I feel about the end product - it's interesting to go from avoiding the work, to doing the work, to finishing the work.

I hated this piece in the beginning. I traced around an actual image of a plastic monkey from that classic children's game using the Bezier tool - a task that I can do reasonably quickly and without much trouble. I made an admittedly sloppy vector shape and duplicated it four times. It wasn't until I moved, flipped, and rotated, each shape that I realized this wasn't so bad.

I think my favorite bit is there at the top where, rather than clip-masking the monkey's arm like usual, I "hooked it" onto the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment