Monday, February 27, 2012

Choro-Q Week: Day One


Choro-Q cars are little pull-back racers. They came here in the states as Penny Racers. These rad little vehicles are cutesy caricatures of real cars. I have included a picture of the original illustration from the cover a Japanese Choro-Q game from the Playstation 2.

I've been wanting to try my hand at vectorizing more mechanical objects. Working with such a limited palette allows me to focus on the form of the car without getting too lost in little details. Building the drawing up from simple shapes still proves challenging, but I'm learning every step of the way.

My plans going forward are to work from a photograph, as well as some more of the illustrations. My ultimate goal for the week is to produce one completely original piece. I will document the creation of that one throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment