Thursday, February 16, 2012

King Hippo

I figured out in the course of my sketching, why I've ended up with so many monster stickers - I love the little creatures. My favorite parts of videogame instruction manuals and strategy guides are where the publisher hides all of the monster data. I remember pretty clearly, now, how I would fill sheets of paper with the goombas and turtles from Mario 3. That's the stuff that really got me thinking about drawing for a living - and I haven't really had a reason to look back since.

I didn't play the original Punchout back in the day. Captain N was about as close as I would get to King Hippo until the Wii remake a couple years ago. Just the same, that character design is just as imposing and iconic today as it was back then.

Actual stickers to be completed no later than...Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment