Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NannerColumn

Recent thought about classical Greek architecture and art history inspired this sticker. I was thinking to myself, "what's the difference between the Doric and Ionic style again?". This was actually a bit more difficult than I imagined it would be. Regardless, here's my sticker based on the Ionic style Greek columns.

I'm still not sure what the best practice is for creating curls like this. Drawing a curving line and leaving it alone leads to an uninteresting curl with one line width ending in a weird square or round tip. Trying to draw a shape just leads to a messy curl with unusual undulating lines. This time I made a line, but copied it and merged the endpoints together. This may be the best way so far, though it did produce some weird results in places.

I really like the shadows in the flutes, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment