Tuesday, October 9, 2012

NannerPhant

Attempted to make something very simple using only only two shapes (the "eye" is a bonus). I'm not sure where the elephant came from. I was starting to take an unplanned nap in my chair when suddenly, I caught a glimpse of this sticker before jolting awake. The original version seemed a bit more sophisticated - somewhat more angular with some cool, but incidental, hatching.

My portfolio is still progressing. I've thought up some ideas and got some inspiration from an old-ish basic design text book. Right now, I am mostly sitting on a stack of hypothetical projects from school assignments. Frankly, a lot of them are embarrassing to look at. I'm becoming more confident with my illustration as I gain awareness of my style, fill sketchbooks with doodles and ideas, and master the tools I've chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment