Friday, March 23, 2012

RegularNanner

I love Adventure Time, but Regular Show is my jam. Compared to Adventure Time, there's not a lot of great artwork out there for this one. I actually ended up basing this sticker on a screen capture from the show itself.

I have been doing a great deal of "tracing", I know. Thing is - I learn a lot from trying other peoples' styles. These vector illustrations still take quite a bit of planning and trial and error to create. Even with the foundation laid out in front of me, there's still the tricky matter of assembling points and shapes, creating compounds, adjusting stacking order, assigning the correct stroke values, and fitting the image into three strange colors (the character in this sticker is a blue jay, and I opted to make him yellow for design reasons).

No comments:

Post a Comment