Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Tall Grass

Some newsprint and a worn down 4B Royal Graphite pencil, an old idea in my head, Toro y Moi blasting through the speakers of my PC, anxiety and insecurity with a dash of inspiration - Tuesday evening.

The daily project was a difficult habit to form. I'm still not sure that it was ever regular enough to be called habit. However, it was a simple thing to stop.

There was no good reason to take the last two weeks off. I stopped doing a lot of things, actually. I've neglected the dishes in the sink and the clothes in the laundry room. I've allowed things to fall out of place. I've stopped putting effort into so many things. I relaxed.

I don't wish to keep going that way. I don't want to give up on my life, to become fat and ignorant. I don't want to reflect on the start of this project as the good times, as the peak of my creative existence. So...the break is over. I'm rested, and I'm ready.

I'm putting off the vector portion of the sticker tonight so I can work on a couple side projects. One of them has to do with jewelry design. I can talk about the others at some later point.

No comments:

Post a Comment