Friday, July 27, 2012

NannerRetro

These retro-poster style graphics were a lot of fun to do. I was inspired by a tutorial I read over at SpoonGraphics. I say inspired because my program of choice just doesn't offer all of the same nifty features as Adobe Illustrator. Now that Adobe has made their licenses relatively-inexpensive pay-as-you-go experiences, I may be making the switch soon.

It's weird, because Inkscape has been so good to me throughout this process. I've had my fair share of troubles with the thing (anti-aliasing seams in my repeating patterns, for one), but I feel like moving on would be like abandoning it. I suppose, regardless of how I feel, I can't really do anything until I free up some hard drive space.

My personal portfolio has come up as a project once again. I now have so many actual projects and skills that I actually need to show off. So for now, I'm tabling my game design stuff and focusing on the portfolio and Adobe Associate Certification.

Actually, I've also been doing quite a bit of research on silkscreening...

No comments:

Post a Comment