Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ukiyo-e Honda


Lots of ukiyo-e inspired stuff as of late. I want to look elsewhere for inspiration and travel out of my comfort zone a bit. Don't let me go back to the Japanese well for my next community project.

This E. Honda is kind of interesting. Not sure if it reads as the popular Street Fighter character in this particular style, but it was a lot of fun to make. The final sticker will be cropped in quite a bit and hopefully I'll be able to livetrace the hair to duplicate that effect.

I put a lot of pressure on myself to come up with something new tonight after that long hiatus. It's not a healthy way to work. In fact, it's a quick way to kill one's motivation to do anything. I don't work well under that kind of stress. I try - but I get too caught up in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment