Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nanner Half-tone

Half-tone definitely fits within the boundaries I set initially on this project. Properly utilized half-tone can create the illusion of continuous tone when needed. Plus, it just looks cool. I have been wanting to do some 60's pop-art stuff for a while, and this will help get me on my way.

In my search for artistic inspiration, I ended up at the park on one of the nicest days of the year. I went to the middle of a grassy field and sat down with my tiny sketchbook. The people there were all so focused on their own lives, they didn't even notice me trying to record everything I could. I walked away with some neat sketches of poses and some interesting thoughts to chew on.

The change in perspective opened my senses a bit and allowed me to escape from my thoughts. That was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment