Saturday, October 15, 2011

NannerBeetle

I have a weird thing for bugs. Not THAT kind of weird thing, mind you. It's just that, given a blank canvas and my own direction I will often find myself painting a grasshopper or a luna moth.

Insects are an amazing artistic subject. Like flowers, they come in an astounding array of colors, shapes, and sizes. Beyond that, it's a lot of fun to study the behaviors and defense mechanisms of various insects.

Bugs are still pretty freaky. I may feel a sense of awe and wonder seeing a full size goliath beetle perched on someone's hand, but it would definitely squick me out to find one walking across my carpet.

So expect to find more bugs in the future here. I'm kind of surprised I didn't make one earlier. This one isn't based on a particular variety: it's an amalgam of insect symbols from my left-brain informed by artistic processes in my right-brain. In other words: it's a doodle. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment