Wednesday, October 5, 2011

NannerGear?

Inkscape has a plugin that generates gears. You plot some points, fill in some blanks, and you get gears. The crazy thing is that these are functional: rotating one gear, rotates the whole set according to the placement of the teeth and all of that.

I was originally looking for a way to create a custom pattern that could be applied to a path. I wanted to make my own tooth pattern and apply it to a circle to make my own gears. The program can totally do that, but it's going to require some more research on my part to make it happen.

I really wanted to make something that evokes a hidden power in the banana. Once again, the theme would be to use the sticker as a window to the inside. This is more of a stylistic gear pattern I created(Inkscape will create the shapes for you, but placement and extra elements are all up to you). I may revisit the idea of gears when I learn a new technique for making them and a much cooler overall concept.

One week down. Seven stickers done. One follower (thanks, man). The stakes are higher. The pressures are greater. But I'm having fun, and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment