Monday, October 17, 2011

'Spec Knucks

I wanted to break away from the usual today. I had to find out what sort of things the calligraphy brush would let me do. I decided to go outside my usual style and workflow to do something ridiculous.

This piece was inspired by Cartoon Network. I loved that channel growing up - coming home from school and watching Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, and Samurai Jack followed by a healthy dose of Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, and Gundam topped off with some Sealab 2021, Home Movies, and Aquateen Hunger Force. Watching it now reminds me of those old times - only better.

I seriously recommend Adventure Time, The Regular Show, Gumball, and the new Looney Toons to anyone reading this. It's like someone decided to take the wit and sarcasm from adult swim and add it to the regular daytime cartoons. Here, you can even watch them from your computer.

Anyway, watching a lot of The Regular Show inspired me to create this fist-bump sticker. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment